HEritage, cultural ROots and innovative peer Education Strategies
(ERASMUS+ KA2, Strategic Partnerships for EDUCATION, Development of Innovation)
HEROES aims to strengthen the connection between the Education System and Cultural Heritage Education through an educational peer method aimed to introduce teachers and cultural educators to innovative pedagogical strategies, combining cultural heritage education with non-formal learning. With priorities derived from both the EU Faro Convention and Erasmus+, the project aims to promote the knowledge of cultural heritage as a common resource for the peaceful co-existence within cultural diversity.
- Create mutual exchange of partners’ pedagogical experiences to be combined, improved and enriched through peer education
- Introduce teachers and cultural educators to innovative pedagogical strategies combining cultural heritage education with non-formal learning
- Provide a space for mutual collaboration of educators pedagogical experiences, as well as an opportunity to improved and enriched the project in a new and original NON-formal learning path
- Develop an original educative Model focused on Cultural Heritage Education (I.O1), providing teaching staff for innovative competences to apply it in classroom or in other educative settings. The HEROES Model will include specific Guidelines and an operational Educational Peer Method, to introduce teachers and cultural educators to innovative pedagogical strategies combining Cultural Heritage education with non-formal learning. These strategies could be effectively added to thetraditional formal ones, being an effective resource to sustain students’ motivation and participation to school life other than providing teacher/educators with renewed competences for managing adolescents’ most delicate educative and growing transition stages. The methodological choice to base the Model on the Peer Approach can contribute also in improving relationships quality between students and teachers and- most widely – learners and educational system, making it more inclusive and so limit different potential disaffection dynamics such as ESL.
- Set an Online Platform (IO2) acting as a multifunctional and interactive project’s frame. It will be structured as an easy and agile online environment, hosting all the educational contents and pedagogical instruments, developed within the project and uploaded as OER for their wider widespread, circulation and use among all the cultural and educational institutions interested in and among their professionals.
Main Target Groups
- All secondary school teachers;
- Cultural educators such as professionals in the didactic departments at museums or other public/private institutions focused on the promotion of cultural heritage;
- Secondary school students from 14-18 years old
To display to our students the innate value of inclusivity and cultural heritage education
Gallerie Degli Uffizi – Florence, Italy
Centro Machiavelli Srl - Florence Italy
Istituto Tecnico per il Turismo “Marco Polo” Secondary School – Florence, Italy
Universidad de Malaga, Didactics of Languages, Arts and Sports Dept. – Malaga, Spain
EKEDISY, National Centre for Research and Preservation of School Material – Athens, Greece
PROJECT DURATION: 30 Months
START DATE: 01-09-2019
END DATE: 28-02-2022